Monday, November 4, 2013

Our Humble Abode.

Throughout the entire summer in DC, I couldn't help but daydream about when I would be able to finally be reunited with our wedding gifts and an apartment that we would actually be living in longer than 3 months. Since we just moved out to DC with the bare essentials, we didn't do any decorating and the only thing that hung on our walls was one mirror I had made out of spoons. I couldn't wait to be back in Rexburg, open all of our wedding gifts and set up our first real 'home'.

After many box openers, garbage bags full of packaging, meals on the floor and shopping sprees later.... my daydreaming days were over and our first home was finally coming together. It was a fun experience to go out and buy things like our first couch, kitchen table, tv, entertainment center, etc. Neither one of us had ever needed to buy these things until now, and it was fun to do it together :)

So without further delay; I present to you Our Humble Abode.



Kitchen 




                            

Family Room/ Kitchen Table


Bathroom 


Spare Room/Storage for all wedding gifts/my extra closet ;)

Our bedroom :)





Laundry "room" :) 

We LOVE our new apartment and feel more at home every day. I love decorating it and making it our 'safe haven' away from school and work and the chaos of the world. It also helps that I have the coolest & sexiest roommate ever. 

Xoxo,
the clarks.




No comments:

Post a Comment