Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pancake the Puppy.

Ever since 7th grade, I had this goal. Someday I was going to get a light colored, cute, cuddly, perfect puppy and her name was going to be "Pancake". I really don't know how I came up with that name. Maybe I saw it in a movie? Maybe I heard it from someone else? Maybe I came up with in a dream? All I know is that I had to make a "Bucket List" powerpoint to present to my 7th grade class and one of my goals was "To have a puppy named Pancake" (dream big!). Well to my 7th grade self I'd like to say cross that off the ol' bucket list missy because it is now a reality!.... Puppy named Pancake 


 

Literally, picking out a puppy is HARD. I knew I wanted a mini doxie and I knew I wanted her to be light colored. Tanner also agreed and told me that we couldn't get one unless it was this color. So I began the HUNT! Seriously. I can't even begin to explain the amount of research I did online to find breeders. Good breeders. That actually care about their puppies. That had recent litters born. That weren't already all taken by people on waiting lists. It's tough! I found out that the specific dog we were looking for was an English Creme Miniature Dachshund. Turns out, there's not many breeders in America that breed English Creme's and the ones that do.... know that they can charge a fortune for them because they are so rare and SO ADORABLE. 

One day I was doing my daily 5 hours of research (but really though... goodbye focus on homework) and I came across this breeder in Colorado. She had a great website and this new litter had just been born. Perfect. I contacted her and after many emails back and forth of pictures and videos and information, we KNEW that Pancake was this little pup right here! We had to wait until she was 8 weeks old so she could be old enough to fly on a plane to us. 
yes.
She got here by plane. 
Crazy right?

When the day came to pick her up from the airport, I can't even tell you how excited I was. I don't think I've ever been that excited for something in my entire life. No joke. (sorry babe, our wedding was exciting too.. but come on..). 

When I very first saw her come off the plane in a tiny kennel, my first thought was "OMG! SHE IS SO TINY!" Which she is. She is soooo tiny. But SO cute and SO precious. 
I thought she was going to be so scared but the breeder had told us that she was pretty confident and I didn't believe her until I pulled her out of her kennel and saw that she was just so happy. She started kissing all over my face and I knew that we had made a great choice :) 

Pancake sleeps for 4 hours and wakes up to pee and poo and play and eat for about an hour and then she will pass out in a little cuddly ball on your lap for another 4 hours. Puppies sleep SO much. But she is SO cute when she sleeps and SO cute when she very first wakes up from sleeping with her little wrinkely face. 








What kind of dog sleeps like this.... seriously! Such a weirdo.




Tell me this doesn't make your heart melt like mine....


Here are some facts about Pancake: 
1. She loves to sleep and cuddle. 
2. She hates her crate and barks at her play pen. 
3. She loves being on her back. 
4. She loves little mini bones and her mini tennis balls. 
5. She can slide about 5 feet on the tile if she gets a good enough running start 
6. She sleeps in our bed..... but she will only sleep on tanner's pillow. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and see Pancake literally sleeping on top of Tanner's head. Straight up. On his head.
It is so cute. 
7. She is doing pretty good with potty training (for only being 9 weeks old). She will whine when she needs to go potty, but if don't catch the whine then she will just go wherever she is. 
8. She loves to have her belly rubbed
9. She loves cuddling up by your neck
10. She has a STRONG bite. She definitely has her sharp puppy teeth that Tanner and I both can't wait for her to lose. She loves fingers. Enough said. 
It is crazy how much joy and happiness can come into your life when you get a puppy. 
For all of you that don't call yourself a 'dog person'... I don't understand you. I mean... look at her face?? 

Dear Pancake,
Even though you're sometimes the weirdest creature I have ever seen, we love you so much. 
Thanks for joining our family and fitting in so perfectly. 


xoxo
-Mr. & Mrs. Clark




No comments:

Post a Comment