Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oceancity, Maryland.

Since Tanners work schedule is literally crazy, time we get to actually spend together is absolutely and completely SACRED. More than ever before.

One magical day, Tan told me that Moxie was providing an incentive for a beach trip and if you got a certain amount of sales that week then you could go to the beach for the weekend and have your room paid for! I. Was. Pumped. (to say the least). 

Tanner got off of work that Friday at 5 and we packed up our things and left to Oceancity!!! Our hotel was right on the beach. The beach itself was your basic fairly nice sanded, large ocean, beach but it had a super fun boardwalk and an amusement park right on the pier!




Saturday morning we woke up and went straight down to the beach. When we got there a bunch of other Moxie people were down there already. Moxie had set up a huge tent with a big, long table under it.... COVERED in food. It was like they went to Costco, went to the snack/candy isle, stuck their arm out, and started walking- shoving everything imaginable in their cart including energy drinks, gatorades, etc. We, of course, immediately began getting fat. It was great.








Tanner did some boogy boarding with some of the guys while I lathered on the tanning lotion and laid out with some of the ladies... And of course... Kept working on the whole 'eating and getting fat' thing. You can't put boxes of full size candy bars in front of me and expect me not to eat them. Oh and Goldfish too?? Yeah. Watch out. And back off. 

So after almost reaching a food coma, we went back up to the room, took a nap and got cleaned up for a dinner. We all met up a restaurant on the pier and ate some yummy food. Yup. More food.

Saturday nights, in my opinion, have always been meant for doing something you wouldn't do during the week. Saturday nights are suppose to be spontaneous and are suppose to supply you with the stories that you tell the rest of the week until the next Saturday. So this Saturday I was determined to have a normal, story worthy, Saturday night. 

When we saw the amusement park, we immediately noticed the huge structure with two, skyscraper tall beams and thick bungee-lookin-cords attached to them that are flinging a light up cage into the air at a ridiculous speed.

Yup. I found it. My Saturday night activity. 

After a little convincing, Tanner was completely sold and we purchased our $25 tickets (each.... Whoops! :)) and stood in line.... The anticipation literally almost killed us as we stood in line for an hour and a half. Yeah. Not the best thing to do.... Wait in line for an hour before you literally put your life in the hands of a teenage girl working, who happens to have 4 lip rings and blue hair, but nothing was stopping us. Plus, me and Tanner both agreed if something were to go wrong, there wouldn't be a cooler way to exit this world then in a metal cage with shining neon lights and weird techno music playing from it while it spins and shoots toward the stars. Yes. That was a real conversation. 

Anyways, finally it was time to get on. We got inside the cage, Mrs. blue hair strapped us in, locked us in, and then this was it! Show time! Without any warning it SHOT us up SO FAST and immediately I regretted not going pee beforehand..... My mouth wide open the whole time as it bounced us up and down, I didn't make a sound or say a word. Tanner was screaming (yes he was) and kept asking me questions like "ISNT THIS GREAT?!" and "ARE YOU OKAY!?" and I literally couldn't physically respond.
Finally toward the end of the spectacle and I just spurted out 'I PEE'D MYSELF!!!!' He then reached over and touched my pants as it was ending to check the damage. We both then started nervously laughing without breathing for a long period of time. It was fantastic.

Here's a shot that I took while waiting in line. You can kinda see Blue Hair Girl on the right. 

Oh and did I mention they recorded the whole thing from the inside of the cage? Yup. The fools who own that and have a copy of it, will be watching that tape for the rest of their lives. It's that good. It was an extra $15 so we didn't buy it. Kinda regretting that now so that you could believe me when I say it's the funniest thing you'll ever see. But I guess you'll have to just take my word for it.

Our friend Sydnie, did however, video us going up in the air from the outside. Don't mind my kicking feet. Apparently I was doing that subconsciously.... the entire time. You get kind of an idea of how high we were... except not, because it's also 11:30pm. But it's still fun to watch.



Now if you happen to be at an amusement park on the pier and it's a Saturday night... You know what to do. SLINGSHOT BABY! I don't regret a single part of it. 

Sunday morning came and the weekend was almost over.. We packed up our stuff and headed toward home. On the way home however, we stopped at a Nike Outlet store. I mean, duh. You don't just keep driving. Tanner got some new basketball shorts to add to his ridiculous collection and he also let me get some new running gear for my half marathon. He's a stud. 

Thanks moxie for the amazing weekend! We needed it. Pee and all


Xoxo,
-mr and mrs clark 



No comments:

Post a Comment